Tuesday, October 8, 2013

World Natural Hair Show

Earlier this year, I made a commitment to myself to travel and shop as much as I can. The catch is that is has to be for something beneficial. No taking trips because and buying clothes that I cannot wear to meetings/business events.

My first trip was to the well attended Taliah Waajid Natural Hair Show in Atlanta, Georgia. There is nothing like being surrounded by a large number of people that share your interest. It was truly inspiring. I was able to learn about new products, take classes and catch up on the “natural “ trends. Pictured below are a few of the styles that displayed the beauty of natural hair.

My hair is a custom UPart wig that I made specifically for the show with Hair By Gradieh afro kinky curl. Hair will be available for sale early next year

DSC00609DSC00637DSC00612DSC00616DSC00615DSC00619

Below are two vendors that stood out to me. The first is Onyx Beauty Box is a beauty product sample subscription box. She only features products that are owned by women and you get to pick the products in your box monthly.

The second vendor is Hair Teas. She makes special tea hair rinses. There were 3 different kinds, all of which I purchased and loved.

DSC00614DSC00634

Below are some of the classes that I got a change to be a part of.

(1) Hair Silking 

(2)Detachable sew ins (which you will be hearing about soon)

(3)Beyond behind the chair

DSC00625DSC00621

DSC00628DSC00630

No comments:

Post a Comment