Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Braid Challenge

Now that the weather has done an almost complete 180 degree turn in Minneapolis and my fall semester  has begun, I decided to join a braid challenge on http://www.blackhairmedia.com/. I’m very excited about this challenge because I have not worn braids for the past six years. Wearing braids will allow me to “get up and go” while staying cute on those busy mornings and also keep my hair protected.  The challenge started in September and will end in December. I don’t have a hair length goal, all I want to do is keep my hair growing healthy.
Since I have only been natural for just a few months, I don’t really have a regimen for my hair. I’m still experimenting and finding the likes and dislikes of my hair. I do have some olive oil, coconut oil, rosemary oil and jamiacan black castor oil in my cabinet so I will definitely start mixing something up. Wish me luck.
  • I plan to moisturize daily
  • wash and deep condition bi weekly
  • Updating as often as I can
Braids done by Phoebe at Hairitage Creations in Brooklyn Park. 763-566-2155  www.facebook.com/HairitageCreations
BLOGPOST1 week old braids
SAM_0952side length (about 3 months of growth)
SAM_0954Front length
SAM_0955the back(about 1 month of growth)
IMG_1229Braids when wet (virgin indian hair,texture softwave)

No comments:

Post a Comment