Thursday, September 29, 2011

Facial by New Look Skin

About 2 months ago, I was introduced to Dina, a cute petite Russian lady that knows her stuff. I was in dire need of a facial. I hadn't had one in over a year and a half and it was obvious. My skin always looked dull, with or without makeup ( if your skin is in bad shape, it will always show through makeup), the pores on my cheekbone was seriously congested and I had countless blackheads. Yuck!!!
Dina is located in Maple Grove,494 and Bass lake Rd, in her home. It was a bit tricky but thanks to my handy dandy navigation, I found it. She has her spa set up in her basement. It's clean, neat and very professional.
The appointment started of with me telling her what I wanted to fix on my skin, what products I was using at home and what my skin care regiment was.The facial included cleansing, exfoliation,steaming,extraction( painful but necessary), a mask, and a foot and hand massage. She uses Skin Ceuticals products. This is an awesome product line, I used it in cosmetology school. Before I knew it, an hour and a half had past by and my very relaxing facial experience was over. My face was bit swollen from extracting the black heads and my face looked a bit ashy but that was because she applied baby powder to soothe the swelling.
my face before and after my facial treatments
Before I left, Dina and I had a very lengthy conversation about skin care at home and she gave me some great tips. Some great tips from Dina:
•Wash face with green tea. It has plenty of antioxidants that can prevent break out and improve the health of skin.
•Green tea can also be used during the day as a refresher for your face.
• apples, oranges, and any other acidic fruit can be used to exfoliate your face.
For more info on Dina, visit
 www.newlookskin.com
6460 Ranchview Lane
Maple Grove, MN 55311
763-577-1410 

No comments:

Post a Comment